
Even though the legal fireworks here in Utah are not comparable to what you can get in Nebraska, Joseph still like to get enough for a good show. We let the kids stay up later than they ever have and they loved it. Since we were just at our house, we were prepared to put any cranky kid to bed immediately, but were happy we didn't have to. Isabel got to light a few butterflies and throw them (with help/supervision from her dad.) Ansel would get real close to the street and would say "yay or wow" constantly. He didn't get scared at all. We invited the cousins and some neighbors to come celebrate with us. It was a lot of fun.
I am grateful for the sacrifices so many people have made for freedom in America. The freedom to make choices is crucial to our progression as individuals and as a society. It’s so important to be free to labor for what we need and want, free to spend the fruit of our labor as we see fit, free to fail and free to succeed. It seems like many politicians speak of what government can do to make your life a little easier. That makes me nervous. I have learned that when I struggle, it is then that I’m given a chance to become more than I am. I don't want government to take that away from me; those things define who I am. May God bless our unique country and help us keep it free.
2 comments:
Wow! Looks like a LOT of fireworks! Glad you guys had fun! See you soon!
Oh say can you see...
Post a Comment