May 28, 2008

the negotiation

Isabel's negotiation skills have been getting even sharper. I have two examples...Joseph recently told her that she should not keep asking us to do things when we have already said no. He said if there were special circumstances she could explain them to us, but not keeping asking the same thing over and over. Well, we were going to deliver some cupcakes and when Isabel heard the word deliver she asked if she could sit in the front seat. (We let her sit in the front seat when we drive a few houses down to deliver things so she can get out and back in fast. I know, I guess we should probably just walk.) Anyway, he says no. She asks again, he says no because we are only making one stop two houses down and then driving far away. She said, "Ok, I'm sorry, I just really, really, really want to sit in front." My other example happened later that evening when we were eating cupcakes. Isabel had just finished her second cupcake for the day and asked for another one. I said no. She asked if she could just have half of a cupcake. We chuckled and I said no. Then she asked if she could have one bite of my cupcake. Joseph just about fell out of his chair laughing. She was just so persistent and I decided that was a pretty reasonable and creative idea so I let her have a bite of my cupcake.

2 comments:

Barbara and Reed said...

Too funny! (Anxious to see you all before too long.)

tamra said...

not surprised! Isabel is a smart little gal! cupcakes.... i haven't had one for so long, they sound really good!