

The weather has really been playing tricks on us this year. It would get real hot, then snow, then hot, then rain, etc. I don't know if it really is summer yet, but we had fun with some summer water activities today. Ansel just loves splashing and playing in the water. As soon as I got little Clifford running, Ansel ran right up to him and drenched himself. He laughed and screamed with delight. He also splashed around in the little pool (not shown in photos).
Isabel said something today that made me laugh so hard. We went to that new playground again that has the big climbing tree. Isabel got pretty high so I asked her not to climb any higher. She said she had to because the mean wolves were good climbers too and they were coming up to get her. I tried to join the game by responding that I could see them and they were having trouble with a certain spot and would not be able to get her. She would be safe where she was. She didn't agree and then said, "I want you to trust me." I was speechless. My friend and I looked at each other and laughed. I didn't quite know how to respond......"I do trust you, now don't climb higher" (I know she is only three, but I think she would know that statement contradicts itself.) Do I respond with, "I do trust you, climb as high as you are comfortable." No...we've had to make several trips to the doctor's office recently and I didn't want to have to go in for an accident or death I could prevent. Now, Isabel is a fairly reasonable person and I don't remember exactly what I said, but I did convince her to come down and play on something else.
5 comments:
Great story with Isabel, Kristin. I love your sprinkler! It's too cute.
That was my comment, not Matt's!
That looks just plain hilarious.
i love the pics of Ansel! He is sooo loving the sprinkler!
What a little charmer. Can't wait to see you guys in July. I know you willl be amazed at the changes I have made...he he he
Post a Comment