May 18, 2008

sleeping ansel


Joseph let Ansel watch his movie the other day while Isabel and I were out. He looked over and saw Ansel on the arm of the couch. Now, Ansel likes to sometimes bite/zerbert the couch and he also likes to reach over and get the stuff we have on our end tables (which we keep within his reach so he CAN get it, but try to teach him not to). Joseph thought he was doing one of these things and went over to check on him and found him totally asleep! This is surprising since Ansel is a very well rested child: ALWAYS taking a daily 3-4 hour afternoon nap and sleeps for 12 hours at night and plays happily in his bed until we get him. I know, he is the best second child anyone could ever want. Actually, I have a funny story that happened today relating to our kids sleeping habits. Joseph has a 9:30am meeting every Sunday and he uses our children as his Sunday alarm clock. Well, today somehow they did not wake him up until 10:10am!! Isabel will sometimes come and sleep with us around 7:30am if she has woken up and is still a little tired. So, Joseph wakes up to find Isabel sleeping with us and Ansel playing happily in his bed. I sure got a good night's sleep! Don't worry, I'm sure my next kid will keep me up all night and day. But, for right now...man, I love our schedule.

3 comments:

AOlson said...

Wow! I can't believe Ansel's sleeping schedule. That's amazing.

By the way, I don't think I've told you...CONGRATULATIONS!! We are very excited for you. We hope everything goes smoothly for you, your baby, and your family. I always love seeing what the Ashbys are up to on your blog. It's fun to keep in touch.

Brian And Lisa said...

To cute. And yes enjoy that little schedule for now. Can't wait to see you guys in August.

tamra said...

wow! Hunter needs to hang out with Ansel, maybe his sleep patterns will rub off!