May 16, 2008

the bug hunt



Isabel went on a bug hunt in our front yard. She came in and said she had found a snake. I thought maybe she thought she saw one, but told her to tell her dad. So, they went out and came back with a snake. I was really surprised!

It was pretty small, but it still made me a little nervous. We are all just recovering from being sick. I had already make three trips to the doctor in 4 days and didn't want to have to take anyone in because of a snake bite. Joseph tried to reassure me that these little gardener snakes don't bite. Well, when it started opening it's mouth and turning toward his fingers I thought, it's time to set him free; I've seen enough. It was a pretty exciting bug hunt for Isabel and maybe I better give a little more supervision on the next one!

2 comments:

tamra said...

YIKES! Wouldn't catch me near a snake. I can't believe it was INSIDE YOUR HOUSE!!!!!!

Annalisa said...

blah! snakes are icky. my friend has her 2 yr find a green garter snake while they were on vacation, she was very surprised too.