
We finally took a little trip to Lake Tahoe for the day. Since Joseph swam a lot in High School and is from the middle of the country, he has wanted to swim in the lake ever since I told him we often go there. Our first chance to go to Lake Tahoe was when I was 8 months pregnant with Isabel. I decided the drive and bathing suit sports would not be worth it, so we skipped it. We finally found a good time to make the trip out so he could swim in the lake and it turns out some construction company broke into a sewer line and the shore was contaminated and shut down for a few miles. So....we were only able to swim in the pool. This year will be the year, I thought. When we heard about all the fires, damage and evacuations at south shore Lake Tahoe, we thought maybe we are causing things to happen to this lake. North Shore was a little smoky, but we still were able to go.
I really wanted Isabel and Joseph to have the experience of parasailing. I went once many years ago and it was a lot of fun. We looked into it and it was just too expensive for all three of us to go up together. We were not going to do it until I got an idea! They charged per person even if the person is a two-year-old. So....I called and told them that all three of us wanted to go up, but we wanted to go for the price of two. They said to come on down and our adventure began. (I always feel good getting a deal!) We got to go on a little motor boat out to the parasailing boat. Isabel looked so funny in her little life jacket and harness....she couldn't really move. She was hooked into the same spot that I was, so she went on my "lap." As we were taking off and getting higher and higher I just kept saying, "Hurray! Yipeeee! What Fun!" This of course quickly put to rest any fears she might have been experiencing and it was real fun. I asked Joseph how he was liking it and he admitted to being a little nervous. His engineering mind was looking at the equipment and analyzing the size and strength of the rope. It was such a fun experience and just beautiful. When we got back to tell Grandma and Grandpa Gibby and Aunt Lisa and Uncle Brian how the trip went Isabel said, "Dad was a little scared, but I just thought it was fun."
3 comments:
Too much fun! Sounds like a riot! Glad you could manage the weekend away. Take care!
When did you go? And why didn't you take me with you!? How far do your parents live from the Lake?
Egineers are so much alike. Sounds like Jeff with analyzing the equipment. Great idea with at least asking for a better price. I'll have to try that some time.
Post a Comment