
Isabel cracks me up all the time. She is into make believe things a lot. She pretends that she is a viking on a boat (bed or couch) and all of a sudden: "Oh no! My friend fell in the water; what are we going to do?! Hurry, hurry, we have to save him!" The "pet store dogs" follow us everywhere. Every time we go to a certain playground, she gets to ride her horse named Rosco. Recently, she told me not to call her Isabel, but to call her Deer because she was a deer. And because deers are so good at climbing she'll climb up "deer mountain" and jump off. She also likes to climb around in the tree in our backyard. We recently had a real life experience where our friend's pet died and so she pretends about death a lot. The horses didn't look before they crossed the street and so they got hit by a car and died, but it's okay because there are other horses that are okay. The mean dogs also died, but that was not very sad. Joseph and I look at each other like hmm....I'm not sure how I want to respond to her talking about such morbid things. Isabel can be a challenge sometimes, but it's fun to see how grown up and creative she is becoming.
4 comments:
Amazing the way childrens minds work. CYA at the reunion
Love Brian & Lisa
looks like she has modeling down pat. glad you are enjoying your new home and some space. love and miss you guys!
she's so freaking cute! And I love how her voice gets low and deep when she's pretending. Like she's sharing a secret with you.
I think this is the most beautiful picture of Isabel! She is such a pretty girl! I love hearing about her stories. I'll never forget when I babysat her once and we pretended to eat lemon cake at a "Birthday party" and then she started wrestling her stuffed animal. I miss her in nursery!
Post a Comment