July 12, 2007

4th of July fun


We decided to not spend all of our saving on fireworks this year (like we did last year). I love ground bloom flowers, so we did a lot of them and some sparklers. This year we had Isabel take a really late nap so she could stay up and do fireworks when it was dark. We just did them in front of our driveway and Isabel was pretty brave. When we first started she just turned around and ran back into the house. We couldn't hear all that she was saying but something like, "I'm a little scared. I better go back inside." We had a nice relaxing day and were excited to buy a flag and put it up on the garage. We love to celebrate our amazing country and are so grateful to all who have given their lives for our freedom.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's a good thing you weren't celebrating at Lake Tahoe -who knows what would have happened!