August 27, 2008

the flight of the bumblee bee



Isabel had a little primary talent show last Saturday and I was excited for her to be in it because she just really likes to go up in front of people. I was asking her what she wanted to do for the talent show and she said dance. We were like......uh.....hm....dance? really? Joseph said that her talents didn't lend themselves to talent shows. But, I thought we had to do something because it would be fun and she would love it. So...we got out our gymnastics equipment that has been put away since the beginning of summer (because she didn't "really feel like doing gymnastics anymore") and made a little station for her to do. After she completed the station she could pick up the ribbon and "dance" around the station until the music was over. (I gave her several choices of music and she picked the flight of the bumblebee by james galway who plays the flute.) The first time through Isabel finished the station just about the same time the music was ending. As you can tell she got faster and faster as we practiced. (Which we had to stop at like 5 practices so she wouldn't get too fast.) So, as you can tell for the final show she had time to run around the station SO many times....we were like, come on music end anytime now. ha ha ha. But, it turned out great and she had a lot of fun. I tried to tell her to go real slow, but she said she was just going to her music....what do you say to that? It is a good idea to go to your music.

So, I just got this posted and watched the video....I didn't realize there was a giraffe at the end. We taped over some old zoo footage which you can see at the end. opse!

6 comments:

Lisa and Josh said...

That is so cute of Isabel! You guys will need lots of video tape for all her cuteness performed in front of audiences! :)

Matt and Maggie said...

That's histerical. I loved it. good job Isabel!!

Joseph said...

So cute.

Victoria Blanchard said...

Cute! My primary (I'm secretary) is going to have a talent show next month---if only I could pull of Isabel's act! Being so cute helps a lot!

Brian And Lisa said...

Good to see she is not shy about being ion front of people. Good Job Isabel. Good Job.

tamra said...

OH MY GOSH! This is so adorable! Too bad that Hunter fell asleep so we missed it in person. Thanks for the video, she is a natural!