February 11, 2011

mischief

I can pretty much describe mischief in my house with one word: Lincoln. He was supposed to be taking a nap. I had moved our lighthouse nightlight up on the very top of the hutch on the dresser because Ansel kept taking it apart and borrowing the light bulb for other things. Anyway, Grandma heard Lincoln not sleeping and sent Isabel to go check on him. She said that he had climbed up, got the lighthouse and put it on the dresser. Isabel ran out to tell Grandma what was going on. When Grandma got to the door, she saw Lincoln sprinting across the room and then dive onto his bed flat on his stomach. (He didn't see g-ma.) She went over to him and looked at his face and his eyes were shut and he remained as still as could be. She waited for a few minutes just looking at him and not believing how good he was at faking that he was asleep.

I got Joseph a big bag of peanut M&Ms because they are his favorite. He keeps them in our room. They are also Lincoln's favorite. Joseph shares them whenever Lincoln eats a good dinner, but we have caught Lincoln several times getting into them in our room (which he is NOT allowed to go into). One day Joseph starts walking down the hallway and sees Lincoln coming out of our room. Lincoln looks VERY nervous and worried and has M&M candy shell coloring all over his face. He says, "no candy!" (This means: I didn't have any candy.) Of course Joseph put him in a time out and told him stealing candy and lying is wrong.

And he is only two...I hate to wonder what we have in store from this child as he gets older!

It's a good thing that boy is SO cute! It has saved his life many times already! ha ha ha.

No comments: