Ansel at the dinner table: I guess I ate all my sandwich. I've looked all over the place and I can't find it anywhere. (By "all over the place" he means around his spot at the dinner table.) The funniest thing about this was his genuine surprise, facial expressions and tone of voice. It was like he really expected to take another bite of sandwich before he came to the realization that it wasn't there.
I told Isabel that I had been looking for her calculator and she said that it was behind her shoe rack. I said, "No wonder I didn't find it; I would not think to look there." Then she said, "Yes, it is a queer place to keep a calculator." I had to chuckle at her vocabulary. She must have learned that word from the boxcar children books that she loves so much. (I did tell her that "queer" is an older word that people don't use much anymore.)
Lincoln wanted a doll that Ansel had been playing with for a while and started whining about it and saying that he had it first. (Which was not true.) Lincoln kept whining about it and when I was starting to loose my patience Joseph said, "Lincoln you are not still whining about that doll are you?" "NO." Lincoln whined back. Joseph: "Good, because it would be completely ridiculous if you were." This just struck me SOOOOOO funny. When I get tired of my kids being whiney or something and I'm starting to get frustrated, I LOVE it that Joseph makes a joke about it. What a great perspective it gives me and it just cheers me up. I think that's one of my husband's major jobs: to make me laugh when I'm on the verge of getting upset.
No comments:
Post a Comment