Well, my little girl is getting really BIG. She had a great birthday. Ansel, Lincoln and I had lunch with her at school. It was kinda funny to see the 88 kindergardeners all packed into the cafeteria seats. There were several adults that would walk around and say things like: keep eating, finish up, why aren't you eating that, don't you like it? Isabel got to open her presents right after school. Then the cousins came over to play and eat with us. Then we went over to the cousin's friend's house to see their horse. Isabel still loves horses and there was a lot of room to run around and play with the cousins. It was a nice day. I'm glad that Isabel liked the "princess" dress I got her. I don't really like princesses and pink girly stuff...but Isabel got invited to a princess tea party a while ago and didn't really have anything to wear. She didn't care. She put on a normal dress and we did some things to fancy it up a bit. Anyway, I saw this for a good price and I really liked it. She has already had a lot of fun dressing up in it. (We even let her wear it to church today.)
Isabel had some trouble deciding which kind of cake she wanted for her birthday. She said for a while she wanted a rainbow cake and then finally decided on a pony cake. I surprised her and combined them. Thanks to Cindy who ran out to the store for me and got the skittles and marshmellos.
Before Isabel started school we went to this carnival/amusement park to have fun and spend time together. It was a blast. I love rides and thought for sure that I would out last Isabel. I was surprised when I was wrong. We were gone for 6 hours. I kept asking her if she was hungry or tired and she always replied no, no. Finally, she confessed that she was pretty hungry, but didn't tell me because she didn't want to go home. Well, she was happy to learn that I had planned on buying a snack there. So, we stayed until it started to rain and they closed the rides. We were really lucky to go that day because it was not busy at all and the weather held out long enough for us to enjoy the day. It was real fun to hang out with just Isabel all day. She has only had three days of school and I feel like I never see her. But, I think we are adjusting well to the changes of growing up.
4 comments:
the cake looks great. happy birthday!!
she looks so pretty in the dress! thanks for letting us come over. glad we weren't responsible for any injuries/trips to the hospital on the big day.
Happy Birthday Isabel! It was fun to see you.... wow, you and your brothers are sure growing up fast! Love You!
Five years old huh? Wow, time really flies. She's becoming quite breathtaking.
Post a Comment