February 27, 2009

the joys of motherhood




Lincoln pooped out of his diaper ALL over his clothes (which he does not do real often, thankfully). I was getting him all cleaned up and Isabel is telling Ansel to stop pushing buttons on the laptop. I get up real quick to close it, but notice that all the images on the screen are completely upside down. As I'm staring in shock for a few seconds, I look over at Lincoln and see a rainbow of pee getting all over the carpet. NICE. It's these wonderful times that you just have to laugh.

I called Joseph to give him a good laugh at work. He googles instructions on how to fix our upside down screen and tells me some command function to try and it worked!! So, I got things cleaned up and fixed.

Here is a picture isabel took of lincoln. Also, i have a picture of the kids flying the airplanes they made out of candy. we got the kits at a school open house/parents night for prospective students. They wanted to eat the candy before they made the planes. It was hard to convince them to wait.

5 comments:

Brian And Lisa said...

Thanks for the laugh. It sounds like a Sit-Com opening scene. The title begins to come up on the screen, "The real House Wife OF Wichita." announcer says," Forget OC, NY or ATL. Those women are fake. the song Love at home cuts in as names and faces are shown.

tamra said...

Always a riot. Good thing its a rental.... i wouldn't be too concerned about the pee on the carpet. have you seen the pee-pee teepee's? you would die, they make little teepees to cover up the baby.
http://www.bebabean.com/products/pptp.aspx

I'm NOT suggesting you need to buy any, but its funny how these little common incidents create new products.

We have new carpet upstairs at the house and I'm still in the phase of being overprotective of the carpet. I can't wait until the downstairs is complete so Hunter and I don't have to be banished to the upstairs when we visit.

Matt and Maggie said...

Ah, paper airplanes. The first of many PTA crafts. Some of which will wind up on your Christmas tree for years to come. As for those accidents due to bodily functions, I'm just thrilled I married a carpet cleaner. :)

Annalisa said...

lol. yes motherhood is joyful. indeed the good outweighs the bad though.

katrina said...

Sounds like you are having fun...wish you didn't live so far away so we could come visit.