Joseph goes to work early and will often put out some food and entertainment for our kids to find when they wake up in the morning so they will let me sleep longer. Well, one morning he had our portable dvd player going with a movie and some cereal and gatorade for the kids. You have probably guessed it already, the gatorade spilled all over the dvd player and the screen turned black. I got the dvd out and put the player aside. I told Joseph to take a look at it because he is good at fixing things, but I was sure it had permanently bit the dust.
We were all disappointed because we left most of our things at our house in Provo, including our TV. Well, yesturday I finally broke down and got another portable DVD player. We let Isabel have the broken one and she carried it around everywhere and called it her laptop. Today Joseph and the kids were taking apart Isabel's "laptop" for fun and they plugged it in and turned it on and it worked!! I was shocked. They put it back together and it works almost like new. I will happily return the new one tomorrow.
Now, I don't know if any of you reading this have ever owned a portable dvd player before, but we had two durabrand one's that lasted two months (and all we did was watch movies on them, no spills). We have actually gone through many brands of regular dvd players such as sony, emerson, and RCA. After having so many dvd players go bad, I decided to get a higher quality one at Costco. I had never heard of the brand Audiovox before, but I thought since it was at Costco I would try it. We have had this Audiovox for over a year and after surviving this spill, I will never try another brand (if I ever have to buy another one....who knows, the way this one works, it will probably last forever!!!)
1 comment:
This is amazing! When we need to buy one, we'll buy Audiovox for sure!
Post a Comment