February 05, 2008

curly hair


I did two french braids in Isabel hair for church on Sunday and we just barely took them out a few mins ago (tues morning). Her hair is exactly like mine so that means it is CURLY. I mainly wanted to post this picture so Joseph could see it at work because he loves curly hair. Isabel of course is hugging her little puppy in the picture. I wonder if she will ever play with dolls.....

On a separate subject (that I want to write now so i don't forget...), last night at dinner Isabel was telling dad about her day. She told him how she climbed up the ladder on a bunk bed at a store we were at but didn't climb all the way to the top because there was no bug. We paused for a min looking at her and she said, I mean bed. (She actually meant mattress.) Then she started laughing so hard and said, "I said the wrong word, ha ha, I said bug, but I meant to say bed....that's so funny." Joseph and I just died. That is such a grown up thing to say. Isabel will sometimes do the same thing that Ansel does to make us laugh. We have explained to her that when she acts like a baby it's usually not funny. It's funny and cute when she acts older than she is. Maybe her sense of humor is maturing. lol.

Every morning I change Ansel's diaper as soon as he gets up. Lately I've been asking him to throw his diaper down the stairs. (Isabel or I used to do it, but he is capable, so we are teaching him.) Well, this morning I turned around and the kids had already gone downstairs for breakfast. I was looking for the diaper to take care of and couldn't find it anywhere. Well, I went down and saw that it had already been thrown down the stairs. I didn't know how he could have done it so fast without me seeing. I asked Isabel and sure enough she had NOT thrown it down. So, I was so proud of Ansel for taking care of his own things without being asked. Now, if only I could get the rest of the people in my house to follow Ansel's example!

3 comments:

Joseph said...

Ha ha ha. Get the rest of your family to follow Ansel's example.

Cute Pictures

Anonymous said...

He will get over that when he gets older he he he. Love the Posts

tamra said...

the curls are darling on Miss Isabel! her little "bug" "bed" story is so funny! Sounds like Ansel is warming up his pitching arm!