December 26, 2007
Christmas 2007
We had such a fun Christmas! We went up to temple square Sunday evening to see the billions of lights and neat decorations they do. There were SO many people. It was fun to see all the different large nativities from around the world. Isabel was so excited to see everything. Ansel was also very well behaved and laughed at Isabel a lot. We had to wear a lot of layers, but we didn't get too cold.
Monday evening we went over to the cousin's house for the Spackman family party. We ate a lot of good food and all the kids acted out the nativity which was too cute. Isabel was an Angel.
On Christmas morning we discovered a beautiful, thin blanket of snow on the ground. (Which made sneaking the air hockey table out of the garage by myself a little tricky.) I put our stockings right outside the doors of the kids rooms because that was a fun tradition in my house growing up. When Isabel came to wake us up, we asked her if she found anything by her door and she said she didn't. (She literally had to step over the stocking to get out of her room...) So, she ran back to check and happily went through it on our bed with us. After opening our presents we went sledding down a hill by the bell tower on BYU campus. We were happy to be the only ones there. Of course the first two times I went down I ran into a bush and then a tree, but after that it was smooth sailing. I think Joseph and I enjoyed it even more than the kids did. There is something about going fast downhill with the wind in your face that is SO exciting and fun for me. (I just love skiing and mountain biking and now sledding.) The rest of the day we just relaxed, ate ham and all our goodies. Of course, I ate the first of my 6 six ounce tri tip serlion steaks from omahasteaks.com. Well, that is the low down on our holiday. We hope you all are having a lot of fun and enjoying the season also!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
so cute!!!!! thanks for sharing your christmas morning with us!!!!!
ansel & isabel are adorable! merry christmas!
Isabel is so funny! I love the "It's another vacuum" comment! That's classic! And what an unspoiled girl to say it in such an excited voice! Looks like she loves the horse though! Ansel squashing his giraffe was so cute too! Thanks for posting the video!
What a cool Video. Those kids are way too cute. I also thought it was funny/sad taht when I saw the vacum box. I remeber that I picked one earlier today at work.
Love
Lisa and Brian
glad you had a great christmas. love the video.
just can't get enough of that video....so fun!
Post a Comment