Joseph and Isabel had to get back to work and school this week. Joseph realized Sunday evening that he didn't have to go back to work until Tuesday. This was a wonderful surprise because he got one more full day's work on the wood floor and finished it all except for the stairs. We are waiting for our stair pieces to get in and he needs to put the baseboards back on. We are already just LOVING the wood floor. Tonight with dinner Lincoln pushed over his cup and spilled lemonade all over the floor. It was so much nicer to clean it off the wood than the carpet. We still can't imagine who would put a carpeted dining room into a house! Anyway, I'm SO SO grateful to Joseph for working all day long every day on his "vacation."
Ansel made a little penguin at his pre-school this month. When we got home, he put it in a car and drove it around. It was really funny watching him play with it. The penguin was bad. He broke into a restaurant several times and ended up stealing everything and taking it to his huge garage.
Today I did some grocery shopping at my normal stores up in Wichita. Over the break I didn't want to go all the way up to Wichita so I just went to Dillons and Walmart here in Derby. I feel like we have so much food in the house now and am excited for about 20 meals to make. (Good thing I'm pregnant and will be able to eat them all!) When I go to the store it kills me to have to pay more for something than I normally do. For example, I had to buy several gallons of milk for $3.08 at Dillons (which almost killed me...I bought one at a time hoping the price would go down) until today when I finally could pay $2.59 at Sam's. I think it's in my genes to find great happiness in good deals/bargains/etc. Even though I didn't sleep well last night, I think it's going to be a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How could Ansel bring a penguin like that into your home?! Kidding. What a sweetie. We've got an Aldi here. A discounted foods place. As it happens though, Walmart price matches so I don't have to go several places to get a deal. Love that!
Happy routine!!
I just got caught up on your blog! Thanks for the updates on everything! I hope you are feeling a bit better and sleeping a bit better soon!
Where are the photos of your new bamboo floors and paint? I am dying to see...
No excuses, I know you have a semi-decent digital camera now! :)
Post a Comment