February 04, 2010

a mouse?

I've been hesitant to blog because I need to get the Christmas photos on the computer and "catch" up the past two months. But, oh well....some day I will put the photos on my computer and get things updated. Anyway, we think we just saw a mouse run from under our couch (that we were sitting on) to the kitchen. GROSS! It was extremely fast and black and small. Neither of us got a real good look. Joseph is at the store right now (per my request) buying something to get rid of this thing. I find myself not wanting to pick things up on the floor next to me because I'm afraid a mouse will run out and climb on me or something. Joseph loves to laugh at me in situations like this. He jokes: Is this the same girl who disposed of a rat that she caught in her apt in Costa Rica? Or would not be startled to find large spiders on the walls or cockroaches in the kitchen in the Guatemalan apt? Of course I respond: In latin american countries there are SUPPOSED to be gross things like that. But, in my house in Kansas? Oh no! Not here!

5 comments:

Brian N Lisa said...

Sorry Kristin but that sounds a little funny considering you took care of the critters in Central America

Joseph said...

It is the smallest, fastest mouse of all time.

Brian N Lisa said...

Catch it and start racing it there must be some local mouse racing club :D

tamra said...

Ok, creepy! I can't STAND rodents. ICK! I hope you or Joseph turn into a rodent slayer very soon....

Deb's Designs said...

I just had a flashback of girl's camp when we had a bat in our cabin.