March 28, 2009

snow



The weather here in Kansas has been so nice and warm. We even had a day that reached 80 degrees! Well, we finally had a storm come in and we got about 8 inches of snow/ice. It was hailing a lot yesturday and then it turned into snow. I went out "house shopping" with the kids at 10am with dark clouds in the sky. By 11:30 the roads looked so bad that we skipped the rest of the houses we were going to see and drove home going about 25 mph on the freeway. Joseph's afternoon meeting was canceled so he came home after lunch. It's been nice to just stay home and not need to drive anywhere.

We let the kids go play out in the snow. I just took Lincoln out for the photo. I started to scrap our cars since I was out with the kids anyway. It was kind of funny because there was a thick layer of ice on the cars and then tons of snow packed on top.

4 comments:

Matt and Maggie said...

Zeke just went bed so I can't show him Elmo, but he'll love it!

Brian And Lisa said...

The Elmo Suit Looks so warm and cute on Lincoln. SOunds crazy for weather though. One day 80 next SNow and Ice. Think I will stay back in Reno. Have a good one guys.

ccccmcrosby said...

i am so NOT ready to freeze. ;(

love lincoln dressed up though.

tamra said...

cute family photo, but where's joe? I guess someone has to take it!! fun to see everyone bundled up!