December 07, 2008

what are the odds?!

So... My sister Cindy who lives in Japan has been waiting for their new assignment because they will be moving in April/May. Well, she just called me to tell me that they will be stationed in Wichita, KS!! KS was not even one of their 5 choices. I guess there was a shortage of people at this base and everyone they knew were getting assignments here. So, I just can't believe that we are both ending up here in Wichita. We were thrilled to finally live only one hour away from my sister Tamra and sad to have to move. So, now we can be excited to live in the SAME city as Cindy. And with two of us here I'm thinking we can attract more people/family to make the long trek out here to visit us. Yayayay!!

6 comments:

tamra said...

I am already thinking about a trip early summer! Can't wait to see Ashby's & Crosby's in one trip!

Victoria Blanchard said...

Congratulations! That sounds like a tender mercy if I ever heard one.

Matt and Maggie said...

Wow! Yeah, I dare say you'll be the magnet for family gatherings, babe!

Annalisa said...

what a blessing. that's so awesome how that worked out, the Lord knew. smiles!

Lisa and Josh said...

That is so cool you both will end up in the same place!

Joseph said...

That's unbelievable. I mean seriously, neither of us had the slightest thought of coming here, and now we'll both arrive within 6 months. Unbelievable.