December 05, 2008

it's 3:30am

So, here I am in Wichita, KS and it's about 4am now. We made it here yesturday and the kids did great at the airport. It was a little tricky at the airport with our 5 huge checked bags (which I strategically packed all weighing in between 45 and 48 pounds), 3 car seats (Lincoln was inside his most of the time at the airport), 4 carryons (Isabel and Ansel each had their own little dora and cars suitcase which they LOVED [thanks grandma!] but Ansel would not pull his because he said it was too heavy), 2 "personal" carryons, 4 jackets (it was too hot to wear them and we didn't have room to pack them), and three kids. We loved being able to fly instead of driving the 17 hours to get here, but I think it may have been just as painful getting through security. Everyone had to take their shoes off and we had to unpack the baby, laptop, phone and dvd player and make sure the kids didn't touch things they were not supposed to and didn't run away and get stolen. Anyway, Isabel had to go to the bathroom at very convient times and I did have my husband there...I don't know how my sister has traveled with her kids alone! Lincoln slept through both flights and Isabel was just enthralled with the novelty of flying. She was SO excited about everything and very cute. Ansel just kept asking to go home, but did well on the flights also.

On a separate subject....since it's the middle of the night and I'm up with Licoln because Joseph starts his first day back at work tomorrow (YAYAYAY) I figure it's a great time to catch up a little with the website. So, I don't know how Lincoln does it, but he has peed all over me three times (the last time was about 30 mins ago) AND he has spit up on me 4 times. I'm not counting little spit ups, I mean I've had to change my clothes because it has gotten ALL OVER ME. Now, you might wonder how many times has he done these things to Joseph? none, zero, never. Why do babies do stuff like that?

Well, I guess that's about all I have on my mind for now. Good night!

4 comments:

Annalisa said...

little baby boys are great and they do have amazing abilities to make messes, that never changes. secretly i like being able to clean up after them because i feel needed, lol. hope you get some rest. smiles!!

Joseph said...

I would like to point out that Kristin gets peed and puked on not because I have spent less time caring for him or changing diapers. I guess Lincoln is trying to show mom some special type of affection.

The Meesh said...

I've traveled a ton with work and its hard enough getting ME on the plane with all my stuff. You are officially a rock star in my book!

Lisa and Josh said...

what a trek! That's so crazy you are the only one getting all the goods all over. :)