March 04, 2008

pottery class

I was looking through a random community magazine and saw a parent child pottery class. It was four weeks long and 45 mins every Tues and Thurs afternoon. I was a little hesitant about signing up, but when my neighbor said she could "watch" ansel sleep while we went to class I thought "why not!?" This is our last week and this is a picture of everything we have made so far. It's been so fun and I'm glad we had the chance to do it. I wanted to get a picture of the orange horse asap because I don't really think I have to heart to enforce that it's only a decoration for looking at. It is her horse after all and she really wants to play with it. We'll see how careful she is with it. Hopefully, it will last. It was really fun to work with the clay and glaze our projects and then be able to take them home. The little greenish bowl Isabel made on the pottery wheel with her teacher. She didn't want to touch the clay on the wheel (it was much wetter than the clay we normally worked with.) I actually had to promise she could have some fruit snacks when we got home so she would work on the wheel. A little bribery/reward of fruit snacks can pretty much convince Isabel to do anything she is hesitant about.

3 comments:

Joseph said...

That stuff looks great. That horse is a little short and fat, like and overweight pony.

tamra said...

its fun to see all the items you made. what a great class for you and isabel to do together. nice to have such helpful neighbors! take care!

megan... said...

Very cute! I love the short chubby pony!