
I didn't really think about putting shoes on Ansel until fairly recently. I think I waited a little too long to introduce them because Ansel screamed every time I tried to put shoes on him and didn't stop screaming until I took them off. (At first I thought I might be hurting him, but I tried shoes that were REALLY big for him and he was still upset.) With the weather getting nicer, we really needed Ansel to wear shoes so he could run around outside with us. And gradually he warmed up to the idea of wearing shoes. The first time I could really get him to wear them, he just stood there. He wouldn't walk at all. I held his hand and guided him a little... still wouldn't walk. Anyway, I persisted and I do have a little boy who wears shoes now. He knows that he cannot go outside without shoes so when he wants to go outside he will bring his shoes to me. (I don't know how he can ALWAYS find them.) One time Isabel was napping and he brought me his shoes and I said we needed to wait for her to wake up before we could go outside to play. Shortly thereafter Isabel woke up and came downstairs and Ansel immediately brought me his shoes. We have all really enjoyed being outside, but I think Ansel has enjoyed it more than all of us.... the new freedom.
3 comments:
love it! shoes are heavy and rather clunky when you are little. glad that he tolerates it so he can enjoy the outdoors! he is so adorable!
I remeber my mom telling me my feet were so small that when I first learned to walk they did not even have shoes that would fit me. Unless she could find the right size doll.
Hi Kristin! This is Andrea. I haven't talked with you in ages. It was great to read your blog and feel like we got caught up. I guess the updates are one-sided, but it was very enjoyable. I just can't believe how big your children are getting! They are real cuties!!!
Post a Comment