September 23, 2007

Arches National Park



The ScoutMaster training was canceled so we packed up some stuff and took off on a family camping trip. Joseph and the kids had never been to Arches National Park so we camped near Moab on Friday and spent half the day Saturday driving around the Park and doing some of the easy hikes. The trip started out a little Rocky, when we drove around for about an hour looking for a good campsite. (and by good I mean, a site that was not right next to the road.) After we finally found a place that would work, I backed the car into a ditch. So, we spent the next hour digging around our car and putting rocks under tires so we would be able to drive it out. Thankfully, nothing has seemed to be wrong with our car yet. I think that is the most embarrassing thing I've done in my life so far! (Please feel free to privately let me know if you think I've done something else more embarrassing than that.) On Saturday we hiked to the Double Arch, Balancing Rock, North Window, and the Delicate Arch viewpoint. Isabel absolutely loves hiking, but especially the rock climbing part. She climbed around so fast and confidently....it made us a little nervous, but we had so much fun. We think this was Ansel's dream vacation as well because he got carried almost the whole time. We did have a lot of fun on our little adventure.

5 comments:

Joseph said...

Sounds wild. What a cute family. Don't worry about doing embarrassing things, you're the only one that ends up remembering them anyway.

Anonymous said...

Wow that looks soooo cool there. Lisa and I need to start doing trips more then we do. There could be some cool places in Nevada yet to be seen.

tamra said...

I have very fond memories of Arches & Moab, glad to see that you are taking advantage of the area. Even though it is quite a drive to get there. I hope your car is OK. You picked a great time of year to go!
Take care!

tamra said...

PS. I clicked on the family group photo, and it appears that Ansel is getting too big for the baby bjorn. HE IS HUGE!!!! It looks like he is about half your size Kristin. How much does he weigh anyway? He will be walking before long!

Rogers Family said...

I have to agree with Tamar when she said that Ansel is about half your size. he he he...love ya.
You have inspired many of us to take some trips before the winter season hits.