Ansel loves tools. When we got bunk beds Joseph had to put everything together and it was a big job. I remember Isabel and Ansel were very excited to watch and help. Isabel had fun helping for a while, but lost interest and went to play with other things. Ansel however, who was almost two years old did not loose interest. Even when Joseph did not have something for him to help with, he would get a screw driver and stick it into the different screw holes. I saw Ansel do something today that reminded me of that story.
He said, "Mom, I took out all the screws in my car and I still can't get it apart." I came downstairs to see what was going on and how to help. But when I picked up his car the top/shell completely separated from the bottom and opened up to reveal the little motherboard and wires. Ansel quickly said, "Oh, never mind. I can do it now." ha ha ha. Of course the car he took apart was his Mater shake and go car. Even though I had not paid much money for it, I still didn't really want him taking apart this nice of a toy. We do have one that got broken getting a “car wash” so I thought that would be a good one to take apart. Anyway, it’s just so cute to see Ansel sitting so patiently and unscrewing 10 screws from his car. Then he excitedly tells me I think this is what makes the wheels go around. (I think he was wrong, but it’s so cute to see him get interested in fixing things at such an early age.)
October 16, 2010
Tools
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment