December 16, 2009
pronouns
My sister let us borrow her "the princess and the pronoun" book and I LOVE it. I don't really remember learning much grammer/parts of speech until I learned spanish. Isabel seems to be picking it up better than I did. Tonight she was reading me a book that said, "Mike opens a word window. Guess what Mike sees?" Isabel stopped and said, "Why didn't they use a pronoun? It would be better with a pronoun." I asked her how she thought the sentence should read and she said, "Guess what he sees?" I was pretty impressed. Thanks to Cindy for letting us borrow her parts of speech books for extended periods of time, we are putting them to good use!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Kids are so smart these days..... especially my grandkids!
She's knows about grammar than I did when I started high school...maybe even college.
Post a Comment