So, I don't think I can really do this story justice, but I don't really write in journals so I just need to get this story written down here. One of Isabel's favorite things to do is wrestle and tackle with dad. She often says to me that she hopes dad will feel like wrestling and tackling when he gets home from work today. Their play is ever evolving into different variations of the same game. What happens is Joseph says he is so tired and he better take a nap. Isabel then runs up next to him and jumps as high as she can and lands on her knees on Joseph's back which causes him to moan in pain. He then slowly wakes up and inquires as to who woke him up. Then he says, "do you know what I do to little girls who wake me up?! I bite off their toes." He grabs for her feet and she screams with delight.
A few days ago Isabel added a new element to their game. She said that she was really tired and dad could wake her up if he wanted to tackle with her. He woke her up and she said, "do you know what I do to big mans who wake me up?! I tackle them." It was so funny because you could see her little brain translating what Joseph would say into what she could say. The second time she did it she substituted "big mans" with "adults." Anyway, we just thought this was such a funny story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
very cute story. thanks for documenting it and sharing! see you soon!
That was one of the funniest things I've ever heard her say. (And I've heard her say some pretty funny things.)
Post a Comment