October 16, 2007
nightmares
I woke up in the middle of the night to a scary scream. Recently we decided to have Joseph get up in the night with the kids because I have trouble falling asleep after being up with them. (It is rare for the kids to wake up during the night now, but occasionally one will.) But this scream shot me out of bed just like a gun shoots a bullet. I raced into Isabel's room where I found her standing up on the floor and WIDE awake. I asked her why she was screaming and she said there were these bugs all over her bed. I asked her what kind of bugs. She she said she didn't know...they were just insects. I turned on the light and hugged her. We threw everything off her bed and I told her that there really were no insects and she just dreamed it. Anytime that Isabel has woken up in the middle of the night, she appeared to be half asleep. It surprised me how alert she was. Anyway, I got her back in bed and tucked in. About 45 mins later she came to sleep in our bed. This was the first time she ever wanted to sleep with us because she was scared, but as soon as she got in our bed she fell fast asleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow sweetie. This really shows your aptitude for good prose. I was on the edge of my seat. It was also cute that Isabel said the bugs were insects.
I know just how Isabel felt. I know one time when I was 4 I had a dream like that. Though I would have said bugs but there were all kinds on the bed and floor. I was paralysed with fear and I ended up wetting the bed. Not a good feeling but thankfully it was the only one like that.
Luv ya
Uncle B and Aunt L
She must have seen her cousin Cade & Cael's bug collection. Its enough to give anyone nightmares!
Post a Comment