July 15, 2011

summer reading

Oh man, I LOVE that my kids love to read. It's so cute and awesome. Yesterday I gave Isabel a surprise book: Black Beauty. She immediately sat down and read the whole thing in about 2.5 hours. Today we went to the library in the morning and got a lot of books, but also some different kinds of books. Isabel read a choose your own adventure book (with all the different possibilities), a magic tree house book, two berenstein bear books, I read a magic tree house book to Isabel and Ansel, now she is finishing up a boxcar children book. Ansel read Go, Dog, Go to me....which is his first long book. I'm so proud of my little readers!!! (Oh, I better not leave out Lincoln. Isabel got a Bob, The Builder book for him and he was thrilled. He "read" his book all by himself three times.)

And we didn't even spend all day reading either. We went to a playground this morning, had a trip to the library and had a rocking my little pony ice cream swim party! (Ansel's leopard came too.)

oh man, I love summer so much!!

1 comment:

Brian n Lisa said...

It is cool that they love to read. I know I always love to read different books also.