Joseph stayed home from church with Ansel who seemed a little sick (and Titus who was not sick). Isabel, Lincoln and I were walking to a pew to sit down and Lincoln fell down just at a great angel to hit his head right on the corner of the bench. He started screaming so I picked him up and took him out. After I got out of the chapel and into the foyer, I looked and realized his head/face was bloody. In the bathroom I got some paper towels to blot it and try to stop the bleeding then I realized it was a HUGE gash. I got it covered and went to find a friend. We went to the kitchen where the first aid kit is and got the bleeding to stop. We had a nurse come in and she confirmed that we better get him stitches. So...off to the Emergency Room I went!
I think we were really lucky to get right in and it didn't take SO long to get taken care of. Lincoln was his usual silly self and made a lot of people laugh. Some of my favorite things that he said were that we had a pet cat, his sister's name was Thomas the tank engine and when the doctor was doing the stitches he said "ouch!" (instead of just crying/screaming).
We are so proud of our brave little boy and hope it's at least another 6 years before we have to go to the ER with one of our kids again.


1 comment:
Wow.
Post a Comment