March 25, 2011

the mcdonald's play place

I forgot that during spring break, I don't like to go places because everyone is already there with their kids...We decided to meet some friends at McDonald's and it was pretty crazy. The kids were real excited because I hate going there so we rarely go. Ansel came crying to me because he got kicked in the face. Ansel cries pretty easily and I know that it's crowded up in that play area so I didn't think much of it. But, another mom immediately came over and said that her son was also kicked in the face. I decided to walk over to try and see if anything was going on. I found a little girl coming out crying. The girl helping her said she got kicked in the face. So, I'm now aware of three victims and feeling certain this is not some accident. I get my stern voice out and say: Hey, whoever is up there kicking people needs to come down right now. As we are waiting some of the victims start describing the kicker. Pretty much all the kids are coming out of the playhouse and one boy asked: are you talking to me? One boy is lingering at a tunnel opening so I ask him if he is the one kicking everyone in the face. I turn around and all the kids are like, yep, he's the one. By now there is quite a crowd of parents and kids. I look around asking if this kid belongs to anyone. no. I tell the kid to come out and we better go find his mom. He said he didn't want to see his mom. I said, I bet you don't. I also said that I thought his mom would be happier to see us come to her together than me going by myself. At this point some lady is asking me if there is a problem. I tell her that this boy was kicking kids and we were going to find his mom. She said she was his aunt and I said oh, ok, great. Then I went back to sit down and eat my food. About 5 mins later Isabel reported that she was playing with the kicking boy and he was being real nice. I went and told the aunt that my daughter said they were playing together and having fun so I thanked her for talking to him. I know that several of the parents appreciated what I did. I have to say I feel a little bit like a superhero. It feels great to make the world a safer place!

3 comments:

Brian N Lisa said...

Good Job Kristin. A true Parent taking care of a problem that had a good ending

Victoria Blanchard said...

hooray!

Annalisa said...

power to the supermoms!

i think the superhero part of the story was when you told the aunt the boy was now playing very nicely. and it probably helped the boy get less punishment later.