Isabel had a very cute music program at school last night. Ansel's favorite song was "How much is that doggie in the window." Joseph's and my favorite was an animal song that a few kids had solos in which they made animal sounds. When the kids did the donkey and pig sounds, all the kids laughed so hard that they came in late on the next line they were supposed to sing. It was so funny. Isabel's favorite song was "Engine #9."
Isabel told us we were supposed to look our best. I thought it was just her, but at the last minute she said our whole family was supposed to look our best. I don't particularly like dressing up and was still going to go pretty casual. That is until I saw Joseph putting on his suit! Ansel wore his nice vest and tie. So, I went ahead and dressed up also. As the evening went on and I felt silly that my whole family was overdressed, I started to think about Isabel and what she might have been thinking. I began to feel glad that we dressed our best to see Isabel in her first little choir concert. She knows that it was important to us and if she told us to look our best, we certainly would. I can't believe that she is almost done with her first year of kindergarten!!!
1 comment:
Doesn't seem possible that Isabel will be in first grade before too long!!! Sounds like you all had a fun evening!
Post a Comment