We are trying to get a settled into our house. It's been exciting to get all our furniture and stuff back, but a little overwhelming to unpack and find a place for everything. But, it's been fantastic. Joseph and the kids got me a surprise patio swing for my birthday. As Joseph was assembling it, Isabel was playing around outside near him. He put the bench swing onto the base and Isabel said, "dad, i think you put it on backwards." He took a closer look and saw that the support bar which goes behind the swing was in the front. He chuckled and had to thank Isabel for her help. We thought that was so funny!
Ansel is such a good big brother. I was in my room getting something and Lincoln started to cry out in the living room. Ansel says, "Oh no! It's Lincoln, I better go make him happy." He runs out there and starts jumping around in front of him. Lincoln LOVES to watch Ansel dance/jump around. And no one can do it quite like Ansel does. Joseph, Isabel and I have tried to soothe Lincoln with this same technique, but Lincoln will continue to cry until Ansel comes to do it. It's nice to have him around and wanting to help.
Lincoln is getting so old. He is six months now and loves to lay on his stomach. He will get up on his knees sometimes too and we're tell him: no, don't crawl yet, it's too soon! But, he absolutely LOVES his tummy time. Lincoln will always smile back at you when you smile at him (and he's in an okay mood). He likes grabbing his toys and shaking them them and putting them in his mouth.
Well, I better get going now, but I'll try to post some photos soon!
5 comments:
I'm so excited to see everyone in a couple days. Reid loves watching Zeke jump around too. I get a little flustered when Zeke sits next to me when nursing, because they just stare smiling and laughing at each other.
Thanks for your blog comment!!
Wow Isabel is really sharp to have picked up on something like taht. It is also good to hear that Ansel can keep Lincoln happy. Keep up the good work Ansel.
That is so funny about the swing. These little kids are pretty darn smart! Everyone is sure growing up! Have a great weekend!
Great update! Good luck getting settled!
it is fun and interesting to hear how each of the children is growing and how they are so unique. its amazing! love you guys and we miss you!
Post a Comment