The kids and I got home from running some errands the other day and were coming in the house. Ansel and I were in the doorway holding the door open for Isabel when I saw him running toward us. Isabel was about 5 feet away from the house and I just told her, "Isabel hurry and run in the house as fast as you can, right now." Of all the times to listen to me, I'm SO glad she just did and wasn't like, "what are you talking about mom, why?" (which would not have been unusual). She got in the house just in time for me to slam the door in the dog's face. He did not look mean, but he is the BIGGEST dog I've ever seen and could easily run over Isabel (and ME). In fact, I forgot that I've been scared of dog's for my whole life.When I was about 13 years old my friend Megan Porter (Hall) had a big dog named Winston and I was trying to not be afraid of dogs and to play with him. But, things got a little out of control and I curled up in a ball in the corner of her room and he bit me in the butt. Oh yes, Megan was there protecting...I mean laughing at me! On my mission in Costa Rica, one day a dog came running up the sidewalk we were walking on. I moved close to a fence to try to get out of his way and my companion just stood there frozen with fear and the dog went right past her and bit me in the leg and ran into it's yard. It did break the skin a little and we had to make sure the dog had be given his shots. The owners did not have any documentation, but said he had all his shots. I didn't end up getting rabis so that was nice. One more fonder dog memory....I LOVED how in Guatemala all Katrina and I had to do was pretend to pick up a rock and throw it at a dog (big, little, mean, nice, annoying ANY kind of dog) and they would run away as fast as they could. That was awesome!
ANYWAY...I pulled up the blinds and the kids and I looked out the window at this dog and watched him walk around, run away and come back to our window. He "played" with us for about 30 mins and the kids loved it.
2 comments:
That dog does look big. That's a funny picture. Ansel kinda looks like he's throwing his hands up in terror.
you writing trash about my dog?? :)
Post a Comment